Chemical Functions, Indicators, pH and Modern Theories
Check out our solved exercises on this content below.
To see the answers, just click the button next to each question.
1. What are acid-base indicators?
2. What are the best known acid-base indicators?
3. What color does phenolphthalein assume when it comes in contact with an acid?
4. What color does phenolphthalein assume when it comes in contact with a base?
5. Give examples of some natural acid-base indicators?
6. What color does methyl orange take when it comes in contact with an acid?
7. Some indicators are so efficient that they can measure the acidity or basicity of a solution. What is the name of this degree?
8. What does pH mean?
9. If a solution has a pH equivalent to 4, can it be said to be an acidic or basic solution? Why?
10. What is a turning point?